Serves 6. This is the perfect quick dinner for after work.
Pasta with Tomato Salsa and Feta
- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shave into ribbons
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb. (500g) penne
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Cut an “X” through skin at bottom of each tomato. Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Plunge in cold water and peel off skin with sharp knife. Cut in half and remove seeds. Coarsely chop and set aside in a bowl.
- Add Parmesan, spinach, garlic, oil, basil and pepper to tomatoes.
- Cook penne in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and toss with tomato mixture. Top with feta and pine nuts and sprinkle with parsley.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/
Important stuff my kids have taught me: If you’re gonna draw on the wall, do it behind the couch.