Kale and Brussels Sprout Slaw
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil 60 ml
- 2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice 30 ml
- 2 TBSP cider vinegar 30 ml
- 1 TBSP grainy or Dijon mustard 15 ml
- 1 TBSP liquid honey 15 ml
- 5 cups loosely packed kale 1.25 L
- 8 large Brussels sprouts ends trimmed
- 1 small apple diced
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese 75 ml
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted 75 ml
- (see tip, below)
- Dressing: In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and honey.
- Salad: Pull the kale leaves off the stalks and discard the stalks. Stack and thinly slice the leaves. Halve the Brussels sprouts lengthwise and thinly slice. In a large bowl, combine kale, Brussels sprouts, apple and feta. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with pecans.
- Tip: Toast pecans in a small dry skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan often, until pale golden and fragrant. Let cool before adding to your salad.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/