A middle eastern dip – yummus make!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 19 oz.can (540 ml) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)*
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. water or chick pea liquid
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In food processor or blender, mince garlic. Add chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, oil, water, cumin and salt; process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Transfer to serving bowl. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Serve with warm pita bread for dipping.
- *If you’re out of tahini, peanut butter makes a good substitute.
- Book Reference – The Best of the Best – Vol. 1 (Page: 51)
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/
|Food is an important part of a balanced diet.|