This recipe makes about 6 dozen spicy cookies
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper (optional)
- In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar together.
- Beat eggs and molasses together and blend with creamed sugar mixture.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and white pepper.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and blend well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls and roll in sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place balls on cookie sheets 2″ apart and bake for 8-9 minutes.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/