Badda Boom – Badda Bing – if soup is your thing!
Garlicky Tortellini Soup
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped. (use it all – honest!)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 oz. (170 g.) cheese tortellini
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with liquid
- or 2 1/2 cups skinned, chopped fresh ripe tomatoes
- 10 oz. (300 g) bag of spinach, stems removed
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute about 2 miinutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook halfway (about 5 minutes if frozen, less if using fresh.) Add tomatoes and their liquid; reduce heat to simmer and cook just until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach and basil and cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serves 4.
- Book Reference – The Rest of the Best – Vol. 2 (Page: 0)
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.