A colorful addition to your Christmas baking and perfect for cookie exchanges
Fruit and Nut Shortbread
A delicious Fruit and Nut Shortbread
- A colorful addition to your Christmas baking.
- 1⁄2 lb butter 250 g
- 1 cup brown sugar 250 mL
- 1 egg yolk 1
- 2 cups flour 500 mL
- 2⁄3 cup glacé cherries, halved 150 mL
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped 125 mL
- Cream butter and sugar. Add yolk and flour. Cut in fruit and nuts. Shape dough into two rolls 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter and roll in waxed paper. Chill overnight. While still cold and waxed paper still on, take a sharp knife and cut thin slices (1⁄8 inch/3 mm). Set on greased cookie sheets, remove waxed paper and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 minutes. (Slightly brown edges). Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- Note: Twist cookies off sheet.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/