Frosted Waldorf Salad
- Serve in a lettuce lined glass bowl or on individual serving plates. Garnish with clusters of green grapes that have been washed and dipped in sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3-4 cups seedless green grapes (save some clusters for garnish)
- 2-3 red apples, chopped with skins on
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins or snipped dates
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Toss together marshmallows, grapes, apple, orange and orange juice. (Citrus juice will prevent apples from discolouring).
- Add celery, walnuts and raisins.
- To make dressing: whip the cream and fold in mayonnaise and sugar.
- Fold in salad ingredients and store covered in refrigerator.
- Book Reference – The Best of Bridge (Page: 120)
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/