Curried Chicken Triangles
- 2 tsp. butter 10 mL
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp. flour 15 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder 7 mL
- 1/4 tsp. salt 1 mL
- 1/2 cup chicken broth 125 mL
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken 375 mL
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream 60 mL
- 1/4 cup skim-milk plain yogurt 60 mL
- phyllo pastry, thawed (about 1/3 of kg.)
- 1/4 cup melted butter 60 mL
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add onion and celery; cook until soft. Add flour, curry powder and salt. Stir for 1 minute. Add chicken broth; simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add chicken, sour cream and yogurt.
- To make triangles: unroll phyllo and lay flat. Cut a 2″ (5 cm) wide strip. Cover remaining phyllo with a damp cloth. Brush the strip with butter. Place 1 tsp. (5 mL) of filling in bottom corner of strip and fold corner to corner (flag fashion) using entire strip. Filling should be sealed in. Continue until all filling is used. Brush triangles with melted butter; bake at 350 deg.F (180 deg.C) for 20-25 minutes. Makes about 50.
- To freeze: before baking, freeze on baking sheet then place frozen triangles in zip lock freezer bags. No need to thaw before cooking.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/