One of our all-time favourites!
Chicken in Wine
- 3 lb. cut-up chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup seasoned flour
- 6 Tbsp. oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 – 10 oz. can mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or vermouth)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 carrots, sliced
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces. Put flour in plastic bag and shake chicken in it. In frying pan, heat oil and brown chicken. Remove chicken to large casserole. Cook mushrooms in butter and add to casserole. Combine remining ingredients; pour over chicken and mushrooms and bake at 350 F. for 1 hour. Serve over rice with a fresh green salad.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/
There’s a new restaurant that features homestyle breakfast. The waiter wears a bathrobe and asks you to let the dog in.