A great last minute dessert. One family we know always takes this sailing so now it’s called “Fruit Cockpit Cake”.
Fruit Cocktail Cake
Write a review
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 – 14oz. can fruit cocktail with juice 398mL
- or crushed pineapple
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla or 2 Tbsp. rum is a superb substitute!
- To make cake: Beat eggs. Add all ingredients, except flour, and mix. Add flour and mix again. Grease a 9 x 13” pan or a bundt pan and pour in mixture. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- To make sauce: Heat sugar, milk and butter in saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over hot cake. (Makes a lot, but use all of it! The cake will absorb it.)
- Serve warm with whipped cream or frozen vanilla yogurt. Keeps for several days refrigerated (if no one knows it’s there).
- Book Reference – The Best of the Best – Vol. 1 (Page: 297), The Best of Bridge (Page: 160)
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/
Book Reference – The Best of the Best – Vol. 1 (Page: 297), The Best of Bridge (Page: 160)
Help stamp out and eradicate superflous redundancy.